Dobrinishte

Dobrinishte is a synonym of alpine nature, mineral waters and a typical atmosphere of a Bulgarian village Surrounded by the three mountains - Rila, Pirin and Rodopi, Dobrinishte is located at the foot of the Pirin Mountains, in the southeastern part of the Razlog valley 840 meters above the sea level.The village has a wonderful view towards the most beautiful part of Pirin.

Dobrinishte dates back in discoveries from the stone age. Rich deposits of Thracian and Roman pottery and coins have been uncovered from the time of Emperor Nero. Dobrinishte was a fortress village, which attracted Byzantines into Bulgaria. In excavations near Dobrinishte remains of ancient dwellings, pottery and other instruments were found dating right back to the Stone Age.

With its mineral springs, favorable climate and great location Dobrinishte was the preferred place to live before of course the Thracian's appeared on the very land. Today more visible remains of the Thracian settlements are located in Dobrinishte region. An interesting fact is that along the river passing through the town many mineral springs can be found.

To VII century the population of Dobrinishte was mainly Thrace. From there it gradually began to become mixed with the Slav invasion and Bulgarian tribes. During the first decades of the Ottoman rule, many of the settlers in Dobrinishte found shelter in the undergrowth in the Pirin Mountain, seeking salvation from the slave masters. However the populations that remained in this beautiful village and Dobrinishte itself are slightly fading away into the distance. For over a century the village has not been mentioned in any records. Established in Dobrinishte during the year 1896 was the Revolutionary Committee of the VMRO under direction of Gotse Delchev. The village was the birth of the first guerrillas in Bulgaria – Ivan Kozarev. /

 

Gallery